The Children's Heart Foundation and Mend a Heart Foundation
The Children's Heart Foundation, in partnership with Mend a Heart Foundation, is issuing an RFA for the Mend a Heart Foundation Award.
This award will be at $100,000 per year for two years.
The Mend a Heart Foundation Award will support research that focuses on improving the quality of life for patients with hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS) and other single ventricle heart defects. Examples of proposals that are of particular interest are clinical and translational research that focuses on the successful transition from adolescence into young adulthood, liver health, and helping patients maintain healthy, active, and independent lifestyles.
- March 29, 2022 – Independent Call for Research Proposals opens
- April 30, 2022 – Letter of Intent due by 5:00pm CST
- May 30, 2022 – Applicants notified as to whether or not they may submit a full application
- September 8, 2022 – Full Application (invite only) due by 5:00pm CST
- December 20, 2022 – Applicants notified as to a decision regarding funding
- January 2023 – Funds released for awardees
All applicants for the Mend a Heart Foundation Award must submit an LOI through our online application portal.